Printers are a very important part of the present day scenario. So, if you are working on a very important project and need to print certain documents, it becomes immensely difficult if the printer stops working suddenly. So, it is always good to know a few troubleshooting issues related to printers. Lexmark printers are one of the best and the most popular printers that are available in the market. Most of these Lexmark printers do not have any issues however, at times to get an error 201 on the Lexmark printer, which means that the printer is facing paper jam issues.
However, if you are not very sure about the basic troubleshooting steps of the paper jam issues in your Lexmark printer, then given below is a list of the troubleshooting steps that you need to follow in case the printer gets this error message?
- First open the front door of the printer which is there on the upper side of the printer. Try pulling out the print cartridge from the cartridge slot. Then try to remove the paper that has got jammed there.
- Then you need to reinstall the cartridges and then close the upper doors. If you still face the same issue with the printer then proceed to the next step.
- Again remove the print cartridges and see if there are any obstructions there. In case you find any obstructions make sure that you remove those obstructions.
- Then you need to put back the cartridge and then try taking a print to see if you are facing the same issue. If you still face the same issue then you need to go to the next step.
- Put back the cartridges and then turn the printer off. Then turn on the printer and then check the paper rollers and see if the paper rollers are turning when the printer is turned on, if in case they are not turning, then there is an issue with the fuser assembly, which is causing this paper jam issue. In such a case the fuser assembly is causing the paper jam issue and it needs to be replaced.
- If the paper which has got stuck is not damaged, then check to find out if the paper is partially attached to the paper rollers. If this is the case, then there is an issue with the exit sensors. In order to resolve this issue, the printer needs to be serviced. You can also check for the internal sensors and see if there is a problem with it.
Even after following the above mentioned troubleshooting steps, if you still face issues with the printer, then you need to contact the lexmark technical support team. This team consists of a group of expert professionals who are specially trained to resolve all issues related to the Lexmark printers. Apart from paper jam issues with the printer, in case you face any other printer related issues then do not hesitate to get in touch with the Lexmark printer support.